- In addition COEH has organized conferences and workshops training Hundreds of environment, health and safety professionals, scientists, doctors and NGOs who have benefited from such training . The topics covered in these activities:
- Recent Advances in Occupational and Environmental Health
- Risk assessment and management of workplace hazards
- Understanding Noise Induced Hearing Loss in workplace
- Industrial Hygiene Practice for prevention and control of hazardous exposures.
- Programmes on hazardous industries: e.g., Cold storages, Health Care Institutions.
- Environment, health and safety management in food and drug testing laboratories, etc.
- Centre has shared experiences in 30 international and national conferences on issues of importance as mentioned below.
- Preventing chemical accidents
- Environmental Epidemiology and Public Health Protection
- Health hazards of Asbestos
- Bio-Medical Waste management, including
treatment and handling
- The COEH has been associated with teaching at a number of institutions:
- Teaching post graduate physicians/students at National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Munirka New Delhi.
- MPH students at Achyut Menon Centre for Health Sciences Studies, Trivandrum
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases, New Delhi.
- MPH students at PGI, Chandigrah
- Master of Industrial Hygiene & Safety Programme, Sardar Patel University, Gujarat, in India’s first Post Graduate Industrial Hygiene course in collaboration with the University of Cincinnati, USA.
- Certificate in Occupational Health PRIA
- It has also provided expertise on environmental health and safety to:
- Consumer Association of Penang, Malaysia
- Punjab Haryana Delhi Chambers of Commerce and Industry,
- Confederation of Indian Industry
- Toxics Links
- IDC and other NGO’s.
- The COEH has also carried out assessment and supervision of:
- Bio-Medical Waste Management in scores
of healthcare establishments in Delhi –
- CEOH helps Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) with regular inspections of hospitals.
- The COEH has conducted more than 382 training programme since December 1998 on Bio-Medical Waste Management for Health Care Workers (HCW), training more than 12,000 HCW.
- The Centre has published research work in leading international and national journals such as International journal of Occupational and Environmental Health, European Journal of Oncology, and others.